Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
The Business Intelligence Services (BIS) team has grown rapidly over recent years in response to an increasing need for the business to leverage data to inform and shape key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are over 100 staff within the global BIS team, made up of high quality BI and data professionals covering BI architecture and platform support, data processing, insight reporting, predictive analytics, scrum masters and product management
Due to team expansion BIS are looking to recruit talented, highly driven individuals who have excelled in previous roles and are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Services (BIS)
San Francisco CA
Data Scientists in the BIS team apply advanced analytical methods and tools to drive value from the data through techniques such as customer segmentation, predictive modelling, forecasting and other algorithms. Our work delivers an in depth understanding of consumer behaviors and support multi-channel targeting and personalization.
You will work in our San Francisco offices in a globally distributed agile team, supporting stakeholders throughout the global business in areas such as marketing, CRM, product planning and development, R&D and retail.
You will have the interest and aptitude to quickly develop a deep understanding of what makes our customers tick through understanding the data. And you will have the inter-personal and technical skills to engage with engineering and product management teams to make it happen.
You will be involved in a wide range of analytical project activities: from requirements gathering through data modelling and processing; carrying out segmentation or building predictive models; experimentation and testing and building reusable data products through close collaboration with the relevant data engineering teams.
You could have a background in data sciences, computer science or elsewhere, but you will be passionate about turning large volumes of data into actionable insight and have the blend of commercial and technical skills required to do so.
Primarily based in San Francisco, but a global role supporting colleagues in other US offices (primarily San Mateo and San Diego CA), Europe and Japan. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Delivery of analytical activities, such as customer behavior segmentation or predictive modelling
- Apply appropriate statistical techniques to answer product questions and understand consumer behavior
- Design, build and support reusable data analysis structures within the technical environment; enabling self-service analytical capability for key technical stakeholders
- Work with Product Management to gather requirements from stakeholders, prepare and present analysis results
- Communicate findings to other technical and non-technical teams
- Facilitate cultural adaption to enable a data driven business
- Act as an ambassador for BIS; maintain and enhance BIS reputation and profile within the business by building strong relationships with stakeholders and positively contributing to BIS delivering the highest possible value from people and technical resources available.
- Some travel may be required, usually to Sony offices in California, London or Tokyo.
- Masters degree or PhD in a relevant technical or mathematical field
- 3+ years’ experience working in a relevant role with a proven track record of delivering high profile solutions in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Experience in leading and managing analytical work, including dealing with business stakeholders and engineering teams
- Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of how data science can be applied in a global organization
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; including the ability to present detailed analyses to a broad audience range
- Organized self-starter, with drive and commitment; able to work with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Experience with at least one established commercial and/or open source analytics tool (e.g. Python, R, SPSS Modeler, SAS)
- Experience working with large data sets: SQL essential
Skills required (desirable)
- Experience working with analytical computing tools, including Apache Spark, on a cloud platform
- Experience of visual analytical tools such as Tableau
- Experience of working as a Data Scientist within an agile team
- Experience of relevant industries (e.g. gaming, digital commerce, subscription services)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Business Systems Analyst
Time Inc., Tampa, FL
Billing and Contracts Specialist (Contract)
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Data Analyst - Merchant Data Services
Slack, San Francisco
Wish, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Data Analyst, Support Operations
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA