Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Social Support Program Manager – Consumer Services
San Mateo, CA
We have an exciting opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation! We seek a Social Support Program Manager with great communication skills, significant social support experience, and a passion for delivering outstanding customer service. This results-driven role will work closely with the Manager of Social Support and a collaborative, cross-functional team within PlayStation Consumer Services. The Social Support Program Manager will play a key role in coordinating efforts to monitor and improve the online support experiences of PlayStation community members, product owners, and service subscribers. If this is you, please apply!
- Define, execute, measure, and optimize social media operational programs and tactics to support overall business goals and priorities within Consumer Services.
- Manage day-to-day social media activities, such as updating an editorial calendar across multiple social media accounts, monitoring forum activity, and escalating issues internally as needed. Champion social customer needs in internal discussions.
- Be a subject matter expert in social media best practices, to ensure we design and execute best-in-class programs, consumer communications, and community support.
- Coordinate social care efforts across in-house and outsourced teams, and assist with training and mentoring of new or less experienced team members.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on social support issues and team performance. Provide timely status updates on current issues as requested.
- Maintain and expand our community volunteer program to increase crowdsourced support efforts.
- Deep understanding of social customer care principles, with experience providing support through Twitter, Facebook, forums, and/or other sites.
- Analytical and data-driven approach to planning and decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation, keen attention to detail, and superb time management skills a must.
- Ability to make objective, timely decisions in fast-paced situations, and react with appropriate urgency when issues arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Social Media Support, Customer Support, Community Management or a related field, including at least 2 years maintaining a successful social media presence in a business context.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Prior experience with team leadership or project management.
- Familiarity with PlayStation products, services, and community culture.
- Industry experience in video games, entertainment, telecommunications, or related fields.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.