Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Why Work When You Can Play?
SIE is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team in the Platform group.
About the role and how you will spend your time:
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment with a team of highly engaged engineers.
- Provide component and system level designs for large-scale commerce systems under Sony’s PlayStation Network Platform.
- Implement interactive web-based services and commerce capabilities using sound technology choices.
- Maintain ongoing operational ownership of components deployed to the production environment.
- Become a subject matter expert and provide strong technical leadership.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 5+ years large scale programming and systems experience, preferably in Java
- Experience building scalable systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
- Experience with SQL, especially Oracle.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Hands-on development experience in web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON).
Additional Desired Attributes:
- 2+ years programming experience using C++.
- Experience leading engineering teams and mentoring others.
- Experience in developing cross-platform code.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience with AWS, including AMI creation from infrastructure as code, cloud formation, or other AWS services (such as S3, dynamodb, elastic cache, etc.).
- Experience with NoSQL and caching solutions such as Cassandra and Memcached.
- Experience with eCommerce, especially in payment processing and/or fraud on a global scale.
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and are able to work with others at all levels.
- You’re effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and look for ways to make things better. You’re not afraid to ask questions.
- You have natural leadership skills and the ability to motivate yourself and others to drive toward excellence
Why PlayStation Network:
PlayStation Network is growing by leaps and bounds and we need talented developers to help us keep up with our passionate global customer base. This is an opportunity to work with a fun team of people on interesting projects where you have an opportunity to influence the development direction.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company match; education assistance, generous paid leave, and more
- On site gym and cafe
- Release celebrations & happy hours
- Break rooms with networked PS4s; Monthly voucher for game/video/music usage
- Inter-office hackathon competitions
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer (C#.net, C++, TCP/IP)
thredUP, Mechanicsburg, PA
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Ottawa, Canada
Senior Software Engineer - Ads Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
iOS Engineer- Growth
Strava, San Francisco, CA - Strava HQ
Software Engineer - User Interface
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Senior Data Engineer
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL