Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Junior Software Engineer, Video Codec
Sony PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Will consider applicants between 1yr and 5yr's professional experience.
We have an exciting opportunity. If the prospect of leveraging the latest innovative video codec technologies to tackle exciting challenges and contribute to the best gaming ecosystem on the planet, then take your software engineering career to the next level with us here at PlayStation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment/US R&D is looking for a junior Software Development Engineer to join our Codecs team to design, develop, and deliver an exceptional video compression and decompression technologies for PlayStation platforms. We expect the video quality from our services to exceed the expectations of our game and application developers and support the continued tradition of excellence championed here at PlayStation.
- Design and development product-level encoder and/or decoder software library
- Interact with team member as well as overseas engineer to ensure the software delivery functionality exceeds the needs for our user
- Interact with our QA team to ensure the quality of our software libraries release
- Support department peer engineer on providing advice on Codec and video processing technology
- Other tasks assigned as necessary
- Knowledge of leading Codec development
- Strong C and C++ knowledge and development skills
- Debugging, performance analysis, and testing
- Video processing technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- AVC/H.264 and HEVC/H.265
- Shader programming
- Audio Codec
- Both Windows and Linux development environments
- Scrum or other agile software development methodologies
- Diverse multi-country development teams
- Master’s degree
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer, Mobile
Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Intelligence Services
Quartet, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Ads Personalization
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Staff Software Engineer, AI and Deep Learning
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Web
Patreon, San Francisco