Pluralsight Iris is the learning intelligence platform built within Pluralsight. It helps technologists worldwide discover the learning they need to achieve their personal and career goals in technology. As a data scientist on our Skill IQ Engine team you will become a resident expert in our scoring algorithm and work with the product team to enhance its functionality. We are looking for an experienced data scientist who loves tackling ambiguous problems, finding creative and practical solutions, and producing concrete prototypes that will become a key part of Pluralsight’s user experience. You’ll work closely with an established team of top-notch, collaborative data scientists and you will collaborate with a cross-functional product team that is responsible for one of Pluralsight’s key differentiators.
Who you are:
· You are intellectually curious, collaborative, and highly driven with an entrepreneurial mindset. You have excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
· You can guide complex projects from ideation and planning to model design to deployment and independently make decisions about the technical approach
- You have a strong foundation in Machine Learning, Computer Science, and Statistics.
- You have mastery of either Python or R. Regardless of your favorite scientific computing environment, you can flex between the two languages.
- You know your way around SQL-like databases (e.g. PostGres, Impala, Hive) and even better if have experience with Spark and other big data platforms.
- You are able to perform rapid prototyping of experimental solutions, writing readable, scalable, and reproducible code.
- You have a solid data science toolkit that you can leverage, with knowledge of and understanding of how and when to apply different algorithms and technical approaches.
- You can describe and speak in an approachable way about complex analyses and concepts within a cross-functional team. You are a great “analytic translator”.
What you’ll do:
- You will collaborate with the Skill IQ product team to research, envision, and create quality reliable data science solutions needed to drive our Assessments experience forward.
- You will analyze user behavior in the engine, enhance our scoring algorithm, and be a part of discovery process to improve how we quantify Tech Skills.
- Champion your work by developing proof-of-concepts and prototypes, and effectively communicating highly complex information to Experience team partners
- You will propose and design experiments to test new product features and analyze their results.
Experience you’ll need:
- M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or related quantitative discipline
- Minimum 5 years in a non-academic data science role, conducting analysis, developing algorithms and building prototypes
- Experience working with product development teams and/or with developers
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology and develop the skills of tomorrow. With assessments, learning paths and courses authored by industry experts, our platform helps businesses and individuals close skills gaps in critical areas, innovate faster and deliver on key objectives.
Want to learn more about Pluralsight? Visit Pluralsight's website.
Jobs You May Like
Indigo, Boston, MA
Senior Data Engineer
Gemini, New York, NY Or Chicago, IL
Senior QA Engineer
CareSkore, Mountain View, CA
Core Services - Senior Software Engineer
Looker, San Francisco Bay Area
Evernote, Austin, TX
Velodyne, San Jose