Principal Business Analyst - Experience Strategy & Operations
Pluralsight, South Jordan UT, US
The technology learning platform
At Pluralsight, content and curriculum are the lifeblood of our organization. We are hiring for a Principal Business Analyst to craft and implement the strategies that will enable us to further democratize technology through world-class content. This role will partner with and advise senior leadership throughout the content and curriculum organizations to deliver meaningful impact to our millions of learners.
You will be responsible for creating and driving the product strategy that will optimize the content creation value chain across existing learning formats such as video, interactive and projects as well as future learning formats yet to be developed. You will lead internal teams and initiatives to drive process and workflow initiatives that improve the speed and cost at which we deliver timely content to our learners. You will drive superior business results and better learner outcomes as you solve tough analytical problems and partner with business unit leaders to develop and measure a consistent and aligned strategy.
Who you're committed to being:
- Someone who is passionate about SaaS and fast growth tech
- Have examples of leading cross-functional teams while creating and delivering high profile strategic projects
- Have worked in a continually changing environment where you would need to adjust strategies and realign priorities
- Are proficient in developing and monitoring analytical tools (Tableau, R, SQL, Salesforce) and metrics, dashboards and reporting tools to improve productivity and efficiency across a product lifecycle
- A leader who defines and identifies new opportunities for collaboration both internal and external to your immediate team
- Comfortable preparing for and presenting to an executive-level audience
- Someone who is operationally minded and can break down complex processes to tangible and measurable parts. You enjoy driving efficiencies.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Supervises the activities of others both within and potentially outside the immediate team.
- Comfortable presenting to external audiences when appropriate and with moderate guidance from a leader.
What you’ll do:
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of the intangibles
- Work closely with content leadership to test hypotheses and build business cases for new content investments. This includes identifying and measuring KPIs and other operational metrics.
- Build a prioritized operational workflow that measures content production from ideation to publication and identify areas for improvement and invention.
- Partner with our Learner organization to understand and leverage how content performance drives learner engagement
- Write SQL queries to extract data and build complex models
- Build/automate reports/dashboards in Tableau
- Clearly and simply communicate insights and recommended strategies to business unit leaders.
- Work to operationalize new strategies within the business units through creating operational workflows and measurements of success.
- Own multiple OKRs, especially those that involve multiple team members within a defined domain.
- Regularly act as the subject matter expert on PMO-led projects, data builds, platform builds.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups and leads collaborative initiatives.
- Leads internal teams and initiatives when called on.
- Act as most senior IC-level escalation point for complex issues.
Experience you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree and exposure to Economics, Math, Statistics, Finance, and Computer Science
- Likely have an MBA or equivalent
- 7+ years' experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similarly quantitative role
- Proficient using SQL to query large data sets
- Some experience using Tableau
- Capable project manager, can juggle a set of diverse projects with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- Excellent communicator, attentive listener, and compelling explainer
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology and develop the skills of tomorrow. With assessments, learning paths and courses authored by industry experts, our platform helps businesses and individuals close skills gaps in critical areas, innovate faster and deliver on key objectives.