We are seeking an experienced Salesforce Engineer to help modify and enhance our internal business systems to allow our company and its employees to achieve our audacious mission of democratizing technology skills. You will be a valued member of the Business Technology team mainly working with our Salesforce application and other related systems to empower our Marketing, Sales, Finance, Customer Success and other operations teams to automate their business processes in helping them to realize their team goals. An experienced Salesforce Engineer has a passion for their software engineering craft, a dedication to continuous learning and improvement, and understands that team communication and collaboration is the most important aspect of delivering value to our internal customers.
Who you’re committed to being:
- A lifelong learner. You enjoy learning and are open to new ways of doing things
- Dedicated to continuous improvement. You realize there is always room for improvement and are committed to not only self-improvement but improving the way you work with others on your team
- Requesting frequent feedback from others. You realize feedback is an important piece of learning and improving and you welcome it
- Dedicated to the craft of software engineering. You realize good developers write efficient code for computers to interpret, but great developers write code that other humans can easily comprehend
- A team member first and individual contributor second. You are aware that high performing teams are only as strong as their weakest link
- A coach and mentor. You enjoy teaching and sharing your experience and knowledge to help others grow in their craft
- You. You are not afraid to be yourself, to take risks, make mistakes and learn from them, ask questions, and voice your concerns
What you’ll own:
- Leading development efforts as part of a product team focused on a business function
- The product team’s codebase and it’s quality
- Development team’s deployment pipeline: suite of automated build, test and deployment tools
- Product team’s way of working: suggest improvements to the team’s ability to efficiently and consistently deliver customer value to production
Experience you’ll need:
- Experience with Java, C#, or similar object-oriented programming language
- Ideally, experience developing on the Salesforce Platform including knowledge of the benefits of utilizing the platform’s configuration capabilities over custom code
- Ideally some knowledge of the Salesforce Apex programming language and its asynchronous processing options
- Source-driven development using Git or similar version control system
- Continuous integration and delivery practices to help automate repeatable deployment tasks
- Working collaboratively with a software development team and business stakeholders to continuously deliver value to your customers
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology and develop the skills of tomorrow. With assessments, learning paths and courses authored by industry experts, our platform helps businesses and individuals close skills gaps in critical areas, innovate faster and deliver on key objectives.