Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As an Engineering Manager on our Engineering team, you will lead, manage, and contribute code with a team of passionate engineers to ship our mobile games, delighting millions of players around the world. You will engage and develop engineers on your team, and guide their efforts as they undertake a wide variety of technical challenges. You’ll also lead the team technically and contribute code on a weekly basis to new features and new projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage and develop your team of engineers in their skills and careers
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to the team in software engineering best practices
- Balance the technical and product roadmaps within the team
- Code! You’ll design and code innovative, scalable and robust features
- Collaborate closely in small, nimble, cross-functional teams with product managers, artists and designers
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- 5+ years of engineering experience, including at least 1 year of relevant engineering team management experience
- Strong team building and empowering skills; you love building scalable and high-performing teams of engineers
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Bonus points for experience in Objective-C and Python, as well as Cloud Services, such as AWS or GAE
- A love for mobile development on iOS and/or Android
- Passion for building a performant platform that allows writers and storytellers to create stories that reach millions of readers
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Note: Prior entertainment or gaming industry experience is NOT required
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Pocket Gems
About We want to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission Pocket Gems’ founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today. Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 people in San Francisco. With backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Our products have been downloaded over 270 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Want to learn more about Pocket Gems? Visit Pocket Gems's website.
File hosting service