Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
Episode partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, and Pretty Little Liars. Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode has made the list of the Apple’s Top 10 iOS games of 2017!
As a Senior Game Designer on Episode, you'll help us imagine, design, implement, and iterate on brand new prototypes and game designs for story-driven free-to-play mobile games targeting women.
What You’ll Do:
- Enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Drive the technical design and execution of new games on the storytelling team.
- Partner with engineers to guide overall technical architecture
- Lead the design of new features to enhance the most successful prototypes you help create
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative data and iterate on design elements based on findings
- Pitch new game ideas!
- You will also get the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience to mentor our storytellers on game mechanics and implementation.
What You Bring to the Design Team:
- 3+ years experience as a mobile game designer - preferably free-to-play mobile
- Highly adapt and adaptable with Unity
- Passionate about light hearted, romantic, playful, and sweet stories. RomComs or YA novels are your go to for comfort.
- Excited about finding ways to integrate more emotional connections and rich characters into mobile games.
- Able to quickly internalize new engines and game technologies
- Experienced collaborating with other disciplines on game development projects
- A clear and concise communicator and teacher
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Pocket Gems
About We want to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission Pocket Gems’ founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today. Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 people in San Francisco. With backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Our products have been downloaded over 270 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Want to learn more about Pocket Gems? Visit Pocket Gems's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one