Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Strategic Finance Associate on the Finance team, you will be a critical thought partner to all business units throughout Pocket Gems. You will be responsible for developing methods to gain insights into our financial performance and making recommendations on strategic and operational initiatives. You will also build scalable tools and systems because you get excited about efficiency and automation and want to guide our company’s investment decisions.
What We’ve Recently Accomplished:
- Created a budget framework for developing new games, holding prototype teams to deliverables within milestones by development phase to balance creativity with cash flow risk
- Forecasted three-statement financials and set KPI targets for FY 2021
What You’ll Do:
- Ideate and develop financial models that guide our strategic decision-making on revenue drivers, new R&D initiatives, and user acquisition, by assessing financial return and ROI
- Partner with game studios and teams in managing revenues and costs by assessing their informational needs and developing processes and tools that address them
- Provide data-driven and in-depth financial analyses for decision-making across our teams and studios
- Track KPI trends and forecast the impact of new product initiatives, new user intake, and market trends
- Translate company goals into annual financial projections, backed by market data
What You Bring to the Finance team:
- 4 - 6 years of full-time experience in a finance or data analysis role
- Expert financial modeling and scenario analysis skills
- Quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to consider the impact of strategic business decisions
- The ability to work independently in a nimble environment and the desire to challenge the status-quo and drive improvements for Pocket Gems
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Extra Gems For:
- Experience with SQL and Tableau
- Experience within investment banking, consulting, FP&A, or corporate/operational finance
- A quantitative degree, such as Business, Economics, Math, or Engineering
- A passion for games
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Pocket Gems
About We want to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission Pocket Gems’ founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today. Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 people in San Francisco. With backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Our products have been downloaded over 270 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Want to learn more about Pocket Gems? Visit Pocket Gems's website.
Help the world share their story