Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
We’re helping people get the protection they need and feel good about it. But what if you have no clue what you need? Can’t tell a deductible from a drainpipe? Never fear! The Policygenius content team is here. Editorial at Policygenius serves to build consumer awareness and provide decision support with the ultimate goal of helping readers become customers. This is a potentially long journey from discovery to education to action.
The Insurance Editor will help write and edit a library of best-in-class educational content for decision support across multiple insurance verticals. This role will report into the SEO Managing Editor and work closely with our Senior Content Strategy Manager to grow organic search traffic to our Learn Centers. The Insurance Editor will play a key part in delivering on Policygenius’ mission.
- Write and edit the best explainer content on the internet about life, disability, health, renters, and auto insurance (and more to come!)
- Collaborate with our SEO Managing Editor and Senior Content Strategy Manager on keyword strategy for our Learn Center content
- Refresh and optimize our Learn Center content in line with our plan to grow organic traffic to existing pages
- Successfully grow search traffic and increase conversion rates to product pages
- 2+ years experience writing and editing insurance or editorial content for a digital publication
- A passion for editing and making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest and even (gasp!) fun to read
- Knowledge of insurance and personal finance fundamentals — you’d be comfortable giving advice to your friends and family
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Comfort collaborating with stakeholders from different departments such as SEO and Marketing
- Analytical and editorial sensibilities — you nerd out on your research but make your writing simple and clear
- Ability to get the information you need — knowledge of where to pull industry reports & resources you might need in writing company reviews, state guides, etc
- Experience tracking traffic and keyword growth and reporting progress to your team
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
About us PolicyGenius, based in NYC, was founded in 2014 by two former McKinsey consultants who saw an opportunity to shift the notoriously outdated insurance industry online and into the hands of consumers. The company now provides the only place online to comparison shop for life, health, long-term disability, renters and pet insurance through its highly accurate quoting engine. Its proprietary Insurance Checkup™ also lets users discover their coverage gaps and find highly tailored solutions for their exact needs.
Want to learn more about PolicyGenius? Visit PolicyGenius's website.
Jobs You May Like
Dropbox, New York, NY
Senior Performance Marketing Manager
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Social Media Manager
Intercom, San Francisco, CA
Head of Demand Generation and Email Marketing
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland
Manager, Paid Social
New York Media, New York, NY
Channel Field Marketing Manager
HashiCorp, Remote USA