Director of Customer Acquisition
PolicyGenius, New York
The easy way to compare and buy life insurance
In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
About the role…
Have you meaningfully grown a user base through your own unique, personalized strategies? Do you have a deep passion for analytics and bear strong creative instincts? In the Director of Customer Acquisition role, you will develop, own, and execute an online and offline acquisition strategy--making it the new benchmark for success in financial services and insurance. You will be responsible for growing and managing a channel team to implement and drive the plan.
You will work directly with marketing leadership to identify and define channel marketing opportunities across our products. You will partner with other Policygenius leaders to ensure our product, partnership and design roadmap align with our growth goals and that every initiative can be tracked.
Performance and brand marketing are central to Policygenius’ growth plan. You will be responsible for deploying capital and optimizing efficiently and at scale across online and offline channels. We're charting new territory within the insurance industry. You will be faced with some unique challenges--but we promise that it will be an impactful, exciting path to trailblaze.
- Lead online and offline channel acquisition for Policygenius to complement work done by the product marketing, retention marketing, business development and content teams.
- Build and lead a team of channel managers + a significant and growing paid marketing budget.
- Be accountable for both volume and quality of leads across our acquisition channels and products.
- Develop, execute, monitor and manage all aspects of acquisition across multiple products including the development of test plans, creative development, vendor management, and campaign execution and analysis.
- Work with product marketing and the creative team to refine key customer profiles and translate creative and messaging concepts into effective campaigns.
- Analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e., A/B and multivariate tests) to gain insights and evaluate refinements and optimizations.
- Partner with the analytics and product teams to build and implement systems and processes to effectively track and measure key growth KPIs and maintain a sophisticated and nuanced view of our funnel, by channel, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product and marketing innovation.
- Source and manage external vendor relationships where required for our growth goals.
- Partner with sales and operations to understand how our various acquisition activities impact conversion rates.
- A track record of customer acquisition leadership - experience building and leading an acquisition team at a leading consumer web company (5+ years experience) managing budgets of $500,000+. Experience at a growth stage startup a must.
- Deep channel expertise - experience implementing online (e.g., SEM, display, SEO) and offline (e.g., mail, radio, TV) acquisition strategies. Strong understanding of current technologies/vendors and opinions on what to use to achieve targets.
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate at an executive level with company leadership
- An orientation toward hypotheses and insights – you believe everything can and should be measured and evaluated for impact and scaling potential
- Creative and experimental chops - you want to be on the forefront of pioneering acquisition ideas that others will write about
- A strong analytical toolkit - advanced Excel skills, knowledge of SQL and experience with accessing and retrieving data from online data warehouse environments. Strong understanding of attribution and how to leverage it to track marketing efforts. Experience with data modeling and forecasting
Working at Policygenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
About us PolicyGenius, based in NYC, was founded in 2014 by two former McKinsey consultants who saw an opportunity to shift the notoriously outdated insurance industry online and into the hands of consumers. The company now provides the only place online to comparison shop for life, health, long-term disability, renters and pet insurance through its highly accurate quoting engine. Its proprietary Insurance Checkup™ also lets users discover their coverage gaps and find highly tailored solutions for their exact needs.
Want to learn more about PolicyGenius? Visit PolicyGenius's website.
Jobs You May Like
The Marketing Arm, New York
Digital Marketing Manager
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Director, Revenue Training and Enablement
Vox Media, New York Office
**SUMMER 2018 INTERNSHIP** Audience Development Digital Marketing Intern
XO Group, New York
Head of Partner Marketing - Thailand
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Marketing Operations Lead
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA