Acquisition Marketing Manager
PolicyGenius, New York, NY
The easy way to compare and buy life insurance
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
Marketing at Policygenius...
The Policygenius marketing team isn’t afraid of tackling a daunting challenge: changing consumers’ minds about a distrusted, disliked industry. We’ve flipped insurance marketing on its head, believing that there’s more to it than just cookie-cutter policy selling. Instead, we educate and empower shoppers to pick what’s right for them. At the foundation of that relationship, we prioritize transparency and trust above all else. The Pg marketing team buckles in for a ride every day, because Fintech isn’t easy. Our customer journeys are nuanced and our product mix is complex, but it’s an even match—this team is composed of disciplined problem solvers who always fight for what’s best for the customer.
About the role...
Policygenius is looking for an energetic and talented Marketing Manager to join the Acquisition team. Reporting to the Director of Acquisition Marketing, this role will be responsible for managing and optimizing performance channels for our insurance verticals. These channels include, but are not limited to, SEM, paid social, display, podcasts and TV.
As the Performance Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and executing acquisition plans, managing campaign activations and analyzing performance. Passionate about data and proficient in Tableau and Google Analytics, you'll develop reports and dashboards in order to identify insights to drive optimizations and improved performance.
- Support online and offline channel acquisition complementing the work done by the product marketing, retention marketing, business development and content teams
- Develop, execute, monitor and manage multiple acquisition channels including test plans, creative development, vendor management, and campaign analysis
- Analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e., A/B and multivariate tests) to gain insights and evaluate refinements and optimizations
- Partner with the analytics and product teams to build and implement systems and processes to effectively track and measure key growth KPIs
- Maintain a sophisticated and nuanced view of our funnel, by channel, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product and marketing innovation
- Source and manage external vendor relationships where required for our growth goals
- 5+ years digital marketing experience managing campaigns across multiple channels
- A strong analytical toolkit with advanced skills using GA, Tableau and Excel. Experience with accessing and retrieving data from online data warehouse environments, data modeling and forecasting, and an understanding of attribution and how to leverage it to track marketing efforts
- Familiarity of current technologies/vendors and opinions on what to use to achieve targets
- Strong problem-solving skills with an orientation toward hypotheses and insights; you believe everything can and should be measured and evaluated for impact and scaling potential
- Creative and experimental chops; you want to be on the forefront of pioneering acquisition ideas that others will write about
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced environment; must be adaptable and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate and present at a senior level with company leadership as well as cross functionally
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
About us PolicyGenius, based in NYC, was founded in 2014 by two former McKinsey consultants who saw an opportunity to shift the notoriously outdated insurance industry online and into the hands of consumers. The company now provides the only place online to comparison shop for life, health, long-term disability, renters and pet insurance through its highly accurate quoting engine. Its proprietary Insurance Checkup™ also lets users discover their coverage gaps and find highly tailored solutions for their exact needs.