Case Management Associate - Life Insurance
PolicyGenius, Durham, NC
The easy way to compare and buy life insurance
Case Management at Policygenius...
Our Case Management team facilitates a seamless client experience through the underwriting process for all life insurance applicants. Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team ensures that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from submission of initial application to offer.
In this role, you will...
- Own and manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, beginning with creating and sending the application to the client and continuing through underwriting approval
- Coordinate with clients and vendors to schedule and track insurance exams
- Order and obtain underwriting requirements from the client and take initiative to review underwriting decisions to determine if better options exist for our customers
- Master all carrier workflows, application and underwriting processes, and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience and improve our processes
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 2+ years’ work experience in term life insurance case management, service or sales (underwriting experience a plus) and a Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- You can organize and prioritize your workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner
- You communicate consistently, precisely, and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external stakeholders
- You have superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
About us PolicyGenius, based in NYC, was founded in 2014 by two former McKinsey consultants who saw an opportunity to shift the notoriously outdated insurance industry online and into the hands of consumers. The company now provides the only place online to comparison shop for life, health, long-term disability, renters and pet insurance through its highly accurate quoting engine. Its proprietary Insurance Checkup™ also lets users discover their coverage gaps and find highly tailored solutions for their exact needs.