Senior Site Reliability Engineer
PolicyGenius, Durham, NC
The easy way to compare and buy life insurance
About the role...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble software engineering team is dogma-free and experiment-driven. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, your mission will be to ensure the reliability and adaptability of Policygenius’ network of mission-critical systems. We’ll be depending on your insight and expertise to advise and evolve the design, architecture, and scaling of our infrastructure. You’ll play a critical role in empowering the engineering team to confidently ship software efficiently and reliably. At Policygenius, you will work alongside passionate engineers who continuously strive to improve our world, our teams and themselves.
In this role, you will…
- Design, develop, and maintain Policygenius’ core infrastructure and systems
- Provide an exceptional experience for the users using your infrastructure
- Mentor and empower other engineers to reach new levels of productivity, reliability, and scalability
- Assist other teams with troubleshooting across our systems and lead blameless postmortems in the event of an outage
- Work with cutting edge technology, expand your toolset, and share your expertise
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation alongside other SREs and software engineers
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in SRE/DevOps roles
- You have 3+ years of experience with a public cloud provider (We use GCP, but AWS, Azure, etc. are welcome!)
- You have previous experience in Kubernetes (K8s) and it’s related ecosystem of tooling
- You have a solid command of Linux systems and the networking stack
- You have experience debugging distributed systems (DataDog, APM, Monitoring and Alerting)
- You have experience automating everything you can with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Terraform)
- You have proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language (e.g. Python, Go, Bash)
- You have experience implementing and mentoring others on best practices, including automated testing, security, continuous integration, and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Technologies You Will Use
Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud, BigQuery, gRPC, Google Functions, Buildkite, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Go, Python, PostgreSQL, Microservices, GraphQL, Git
Policygenius currently spends much of its time using these tools, but we’re committed to working on the right tech for the job, and always open to fresh ideas, new technologies, and better ways of getting things done.
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
About us PolicyGenius, based in NYC, was founded in 2014 by two former McKinsey consultants who saw an opportunity to shift the notoriously outdated insurance industry online and into the hands of consumers. The company now provides the only place online to comparison shop for life, health, long-term disability, renters and pet insurance through its highly accurate quoting engine. Its proprietary Insurance Checkup™ also lets users discover their coverage gaps and find highly tailored solutions for their exact needs.
Want to learn more about PolicyGenius? Visit PolicyGenius's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange