Software Engineer - Full Stack/Backend
PolicyGenius, Durham, NC
The easy way to compare and buy life insurance
Engineering at Policygenius...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble software engineering team is dogma-free and experiment driven. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
As a Software Engineer you will be designing and implementing product features, pairing with other software engineers, and researching the next wave of technology to bring into the fold.
In this role, you will…
- Drive technical decisions on a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product management, product design, and product marketing
- Develop applications using modern web technologies and tools, including React, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Go, & Kubernetes
- Easily deploy code to Google Cloud with a fully built-out devops pipeline
- Experiment with an open-minded team that is always exploring new technologies
- Ship exceptional products that people love! (we’re proud to be building a company that has customers who consistently refer their friends and family, with an industry-leading NPS!)
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a software engineer, designing applications and/or service-based systems
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- You have a desire to be involved in all aspects of the product life-cycle, from discovery through deployment
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You have significant experience in one or more of the following:
- React or an Equivalent Web Framework
- Relational Databases
- GraphQL or REST APIs
- Microservices / Distributed Systems
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
About us PolicyGenius, based in NYC, was founded in 2014 by two former McKinsey consultants who saw an opportunity to shift the notoriously outdated insurance industry online and into the hands of consumers. The company now provides the only place online to comparison shop for life, health, long-term disability, renters and pet insurance through its highly accurate quoting engine. Its proprietary Insurance Checkup™ also lets users discover their coverage gaps and find highly tailored solutions for their exact needs.
Want to learn more about PolicyGenius? Visit PolicyGenius's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one