About the role…
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of talented engineers on one of our consumer facing growth teams. Your primary focus will be enabling your team to deliver innovative technology-driven consumer experiences that continues to disrupt the insurance industry.
Between our cutting-edge tech stack and the strong support of senior leadership, you will be working cross functionally, partnering with Product, Design, Marketing, and Operations. If you’re looking for an active people management role, come join us at Policygenius!
You will have plenty of opportunities to innovate and collaborate while guiding your team’s technical vision, partnering with Product Manager on customer discovery, helping the team improve through iteration and experimentation, all while opening up new opportunities for your team to grow their careers. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineering leaders like yourself. Grow with us at Policygenius!
In this role, you will…
- Hire and coach software engineers to help them realize their potential
- Take on the development and advancement of your team's technical vision
- Work with embedded Product, UX, and Product Marketing partners to design and deliver iterative solutions
- Create a highly technical, supportive, and inclusive environment for the team you lead
- Collaborate with leadership to create a technical strategy for your products and systems
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, creating and supporting consumer-facing products
- You have 1+ years managing a software development team
- You have a proven track record of mentoring and developing the careers of software engineers
- You have experience forging collaborative partnerships with product managers and designers
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You have significant experience in one or more of the following:
- React or an equivalent UI framework
- GraphQL or similar tools
- Web performance or accessibility
- Ruby on Rails or a similar web framework
- Relational Databases
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
About us PolicyGenius, based in NYC, was founded in 2014 by two former McKinsey consultants who saw an opportunity to shift the notoriously outdated insurance industry online and into the hands of consumers. The company now provides the only place online to comparison shop for life, health, long-term disability, renters and pet insurance through its highly accurate quoting engine. Its proprietary Insurance Checkup™ also lets users discover their coverage gaps and find highly tailored solutions for their exact needs.
Want to learn more about PolicyGenius? Visit PolicyGenius's website.
Help the world share their story