POPSUGAR Studios, the Video production arm of POPSUGAR, Inc., is looking for a talented Video Shooter/Editor.
POPSUGAR Studios is the #1 producer of original online video lifestyle content, with over 300 million monthly views of its original series. Our videos are mobile-first and platform-first; we have been quick to innovate and optimize videos for platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, in addition to creating content for TV. Whether it's shows that make viewers laugh, style leaders who inspire them to look their best, or lifestyle experts who help them lead a happier, healthier life — we partner with brands to produce meaningful and entertaining content that we know our audience will love and share by the millions. Check out some of our latest videos here.
Now we are looking for a creative video shooter/editor who has a passion for making quick turnaround, viral video. The shooter/editor will be teamed with writer/producer and together you will produce daily, trending pop culture video content.
- Shoot and edit quick-turn short form content around trending stories in pop culture, news, politics
- Sometimes will just need to pull assets, create GFX, record VO and get a segment up quickly
- Other times, will go into the field or in-studio to interview experts, and get great footage for stories
- Work with writer/producer to guide creative vision for segments
- Shape a story from raw footage into a finished video quickly
- Optimize content and output delivery for different platforms (POPSUGAR.com, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, and more)
- Experience editing on Adobe Premiere & after-effects a must
- Knowledge of Canon c300s
- Must be a self start with the ability to work in fast paced environment under tight deadlines
- The ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends (when required)
- A genuine interest in and aptitude for the type of content POPSUGAR makes
- "Gets" the POPSUGAR brand and voice
- Creative and precise attention to detail
- Ability to give and to accept direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work positively and collaboratively with internal staff
- Grace under pressure, great people skills, high integrity
- Great organizational skills (both with media management & personally)
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company that is parent to lifestyle media publisher POPSUGARand monthly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have. Together, the brands attract a monthly global audience of 100 million, generating 3.1 billion monthly content views. POPSUGAR is the #1 lifestyle brand for young women, delivering inspiring, informative, and entertaining content in multi-platforms across entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, parenting, news and more. POPSUGAR Studios, the video production arm of POPSUGAR, Inc., is the leading producer of online video lifestyle content, with more than 300 million monthly views of its original series.
POPSUGAR Inc. has offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London and operates internationally in Australia, France, the Middle East, and the UK. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com.
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business.
We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company including lifestyle media publisher POPSUGAR and monthly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have. We deliver inspiring, informative, and entertaining multi-platform content across entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, parenting, news and more. Our Story Lisa Sugar had a passion for celebrity news (especially everything Matt Damon) and blue handbags, and sensed a void in the market for fun, friendly, pop culture content. Her husband Brian had an equal passion for disrupting big industries through technology. In 2005, they shared a vision to modernize the newsstand by bringing readers the latest trending topics in pop culture in real-time. Over the last ten years, POPSUGAR has grown to encompass all lifestyle categories and POPSUGAR Must Have. Together they deliver on the Sugar's vision of creating the ultimate lifestyle brand for the digitally savvy generation.
Want to learn more about POPSUGAR? Visit POPSUGAR's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Investing and Wealth Management Reporter
Red Ventures, New York, NY; Detroit, MI; Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Senior Native Producer
POPSUGAR, Los Angeles
IT Operations Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Social Media Manager
Red Ventures, London, England
Acorns, New York City