POPSUGAR is looking for a creative, passionate, analytical, and driven individual to join the marketing team as Marketing Manager, Email. This person will be responsible for growing user engagement and driving revenue for key email verticals in the POPSUGAR brand. Our ideal candidate has excellent email experience, a consumer marketing background, copywriting skills, and analytical acumen and is passionate about women's content and lifestyle interests.
If you're fascinated by the idea that there's both an art and a science to communicating with a loyal audience of readers day after day, and you're eager to work for an innovative team within a thriving, growing online media company, we want to hear from you!
- Own the overall strategy and day-to-day execution of email for 2 to 3 of POPSUGAR Media’s email properties and the POPSUGAR Must Have business
- Craft an email content messaging strategy that engages subscribers and reflects the POPSUGAR/POPSUGAR Must Have voice/brand
- Responsible for curation, copywriting, and creation of 2 to 3 of POPSUGAR Media’s email properties
- Develop email marketing strategies to support key business goals and initiatives
- Manage development of new strategies and approaches for increased user engagement, retention, and revenue
- Measure and analyze performance metrics and data on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to proactively and continuously refine strategies that drive results
- Drive user acquisition for POPSUGAR and POPSUGAR Must Have through creative promotions in collaboration with the performance marketing and consumer marketing teams
- Support cross-functional departments via coordinating with Editorial, Sales, Commerce (Must Have), Marketing, and Product to drive traffic and revenue through email
- Test and refine engagement strategies through A/B testing
- 4-5 years' experience in digital consumer marketing, email marketing, editorial, media publishing, or communications. Email marketing and social media experience required.
- Excellent copywriting skills, with an editorial or campaign portfolio to prove it
- Solid analytical skills and facility with Excel, Omniture/Google Analytics
- Strong ability to analyze data, present data to stakeholders, and action against data analysis
- Working knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver
- Understanding of email performance metrics and the concepts of A/B testing and subject-line testing
- Highly personable, friendly in nature, and enjoys collaboration with multiple teams and external partners
- Highly responsive and able to work under pressure with occasional support in coverage of special events outside of business hours and some weekends required
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company that is parent to lifestyle media publisher POPSUGAR and monthly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have. Together, the brands attract a monthly global audience of 100 million, generating 3.1 billion monthly content views. POPSUGAR is the #1 lifestyle brand for young women, delivering inspiring, informative, and entertaining content in multi-platforms across entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, parenting, news and more. POPSUGAR Studios, the video production arm of POPSUGAR, Inc., is the leading producer of online video lifestyle content, with more than 390 million monthly views of its original series.
POPSUGAR Inc. has offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London and operates internationally in Australia, France, the Middle East, and the UK. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com.
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business.
We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company including lifestyle media publisher POPSUGAR and monthly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have. We deliver inspiring, informative, and entertaining multi-platform content across entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, parenting, news and more. Our Story Lisa Sugar had a passion for celebrity news (especially everything Matt Damon) and blue handbags, and sensed a void in the market for fun, friendly, pop culture content. Her husband Brian had an equal passion for disrupting big industries through technology. In 2005, they shared a vision to modernize the newsstand by bringing readers the latest trending topics in pop culture in real-time. Over the last ten years, POPSUGAR has grown to encompass all lifestyle categories and POPSUGAR Must Have. Together they deliver on the Sugar's vision of creating the ultimate lifestyle brand for the digitally savvy generation.
Want to learn more about POPSUGAR? Visit POPSUGAR's website.
Jobs You May Like
Content Specialist - Community Experience
Meetup, New York
Marketing Operations Manager
Confluent, Palo Alto
Head of Consumer PR - Thailand
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Senior Marketing Manager, Communications
InfluxData, San Francisco
Motion Graphics / Videographer
LiveIntent, LiveIntent HQ
Web Conversion Manager