Postlight, New York, NY
We discover, design and build great digital products and services.
We're a community of designers, engineers, and product managers who are passionate about building quality software. While our environment is collaborative and relaxed, we build products that are well-considered and well-architected.
We're looking for a thoughtful and passionate Product Designer to join our team. You will become a central part of the product team, working directly with product managers and clients to solve big problems and alongside our engineers to build performant, user-centric products for the web and mobile. Product designers at Postlight are expected to be experienced in multiple design disciplines and fluent in the language of how digital products work today.
Who you are:
- You’re comfortable working on products from brainstorming to implementation
- You have experience working closely with developers, product managers and other designers as well as clients
- You’re comfortable presenting to your work internally and to stakeholders
- You’re able to engage actively with clients and take the lead in design conversations
- You’re able to create and execute designs both from a blank slate and within existing work
- You’re excited about learning new skills and exploring new interface paradigms
- You love what you do and get excited about the future of products
What you have:
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates a meticulous, thoughtful approach and attention to detail
- Experience in creating digital and responsive design for web and mobile
- Deep expertise with Sketch, Figma or Adobe Creative Cloud and experience of documenting your designs
- Ability to collaborate with other designers both internally and from client teams and rapidly adapt to feedback
- Past experience in communicating with clients and a proven history of successful design implementations
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concerns
- Understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices
- Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to build accessible products for all users
Whether working on site or remotely, your communication skills will be as important as your technical ones. Collaborating across time zones requires constant, clear communication and coordination, via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences. Postlight is headquartered in New York City, but a third of our team works remotely. We know how to keep everyone on the same page, and so should you.
Your skill set will grow at Postlight. You will join a team excited about the problems they solve and the tools they use to solve them. We keep pace with the industry, and are active participants in the open-source world. You will find yourself regularly growing in your career, using new tools and frameworks to solve new kinds of problems—with support from management and mentors.
Postlight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Postlight is a team of creative technologists working together to build great digital platforms for our clients and for the world. We live by these principles: We ship code on time, we don’t compromise quality, and we bring passion to our work. Our team is made up of product strategists, designers, and engineers, who share the knowledge and experience necessary to ship high-quality new products on time. We work collaboratively — across disciplines and with our clients.
We’re a full-service product shop headquartered at Union Square in Manhattan. We hire incredible talent, and we do everything we can to foster a collaborative, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. There’s medical, dental, and vision coverage from your first day, with some plans at no cost to you. We match 401(k) options and provide a pre-tax commuter benefit. Everyone gets 20 PTO days per calendar year, plus 11 paid holidays, and sick days whenever needed.
We also believe in the importance of parental leave and professional development. We offer paid leave for both primary and secondary caregivers, and a flexible work schedule for returning parents. And we encourage ongoing learning with our Professional Development Program—each employee is entitled to a budget per calendar year to spend on learning initiatives that will help them within and beyond Postlight.
We’re remote-friendly. Half of our engineering team works remotely, so we know how to keep everyone on the same page. While we prefer our product designers and product managers to be local, we’re pretty flexible about working outside of the office if you ever need to.
We also have happy hours about twice a month (if you don’t drink, no pressure), weekly company lunches, and plentiful snacks and soft drinks. We bring remotes into NYC twice a year so everyone gets a chance to hang out. We even have a gym subsidy!
We value representation: women, PoC, and members of the LGBTQ community are leaders, managers, and partners at Postlight. We listen to the concerns of our employees and candidates, and we are doing everything we can to make Postlight a place that values good work, full stop.
Want to learn more about Postlight? Visit Postlight's website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of Design
ChowNow, Los Angeles, CA
Niantic inc., San Francisco
Senior Visual Designer
Dept, Rotterdam / Amsterdam
Head of Platform Services
JUMO, Cape Town, South Africa
Senior Product Designer, Provider Experience
Oscar, New York
Industrial Designer Analyst
Accenture, IL - Chicago, USA