Postmates is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product in their city delivered in minutes. Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting millions of consumers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. We’re on a mission to become the on-demand delivery infrastructure for every major city in the world.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial General Manager for owning and aggressively growing our operations in New York City, one of our core markets. As General Manager, you will have full responsibility for Postmates' sales in New York, get expansive entrepreneurial freedom and manage a local team of marketing, operations and analytics professionals.
The General Manager position is one of the most impactful and exciting roles at Postmates. As a GM, you will be responsible for driving customer, fleet and merchant growth, for building quality courier communities and for making sure city operations function smoothly. You will represent Postmates in New York City, initiate and close local partnership deals and design creative local marketing campaigns. You will get the freedom to experiment and develop solutions that work in your market.
A strong GM candidate possesses a mix of analytical / problem-solving skills, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, leadership ability, and grit. You need to have a get-things-done attitude, constantly use and interpret data, make quick decisions and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. To accomplish your goals, you’ll need to have the empathy and confidence required to connect with merchants, couriers and customers alike.
The job will be located in our New York office and will involve occasional travel. You will hold a leadership role in the city operations team and will be a key contributor to Postmates’ success. Postmates is a fast growing company with many opportunities - a General Manager role is an excellent entry to work as an entrepreneur and become part of Postmates’ leadership team.
- Develop and rapidly grow business and operations in New York City
- Represent the company as the spokesperson for Postmates in New York City
- Identify, win and scale local merchant sales in coordination with our central sales team
- Plan, develop and execute local marketing campaigns and events to win new customers
- Build a strong, satisfied community of Postmates couriers in New York City
- Monitor key metrics in New York City on a real-time/ daily basis to ensure smooth operations
- Collaborate with Postmates’ leadership in setting broad strategic objectives for city operations
- Experiment with new ways to win customers, merchants and fleet, then help roll out nationally
- Use data to identify opportunities to improve delivery quality for our customers
- Gather local customer, merchant and fleet feedback to help inform decision making
- Motivate and manage your team, making sure to delegate effectively
- 3+ years of post-MBA management consulting at a top-tier firm in a project management role or 6+ years of high-achievement in a general management role or a functional management role in operations, marketing/sales or business development
- Entrepreneurial experience as well as prior experience in marketing, business development and/or operations is a plus
- Strategic skills: you are good at thinking strategically / seeing the big picture, but you are also able to go deep into operational problems; you are able to prioritize, understand and dissect problems, develop implementable solution plans and execute them quickly
- Analytical chops: you can define relevant analyses, gather and interpret data, and create compelling storylines based on conclusions from analyses
- Communications: you are outgoing and like to communicate, you are able to confidently present Postmates in front of diverse audiences
- People management: you are able to inspire and motivate a team and enjoy working with people
- Grit: you are highly motivated, competitive and care about results
- Willingness to traveling (mainly to HQ in San Francisco), work on some weekends
- You are excited about being a general manager and crave business ownership
- Competitive salary
- Stock option plan
- Medical benefits
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit https://postmates.com/
Jobs You May Like
Integrated Project Manager
Red Antler, Brooklyn
Community Associate - Sacramento (Contract - Part-time )
Lyft, Sacramento, CA
Business Operations Manager
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Quality Supervisor ( Day and Night Shifts)
HelloFresh, Newark, NJ
Global Workplace Operations Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Senior Manager, Offline and Experiential Retail
Glossier, New York, NY