Postmates is looking for a IT Manager who will be primarily responsible for the deployment, maintenance, and configuration of a broad array of IT systems throughout all of our offices. The primary areas of responsibility are LAN and WAN support, wireless network support, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, and on-boarding/off-boarding employees.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a small and efficient IT team. You are comfortable supporting both networks and systems. This position will work closely with the senior members of the team to support and implement IT services.
- Responsible for the support of on-premise and cloud based servers. (i.e. Amazon Web Services)
- Responsible for maintaining the configurations of multiple firewalls, upgrade office firewalls to a new platform and vendor
- In conjunction with the facilities department, architect and assist in building out new buildings/offices related to moves, infrastructure upgrades for our offices
- Provide support to users who interface with end-users via in-person meetings, telephone calls, emails, and remote desktop sessions to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Experience with maintaining Active Directory
- Evaluate, test and implement vendor patches/upgrades for various hardware and software
- Perform monitoring and tuning of systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Conduct hardware and software reviews of systems to ensure compliance with established policies, standards and configuration guidelines
- Deploy laptops and other equipment to employees to meet department and position specifications
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or IT related degree and/or combination of directly related work experience commensurate with 10+ years’ experience
- Computer / Technical Skills
- LAN / WAN experience required
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assigned projects
- Ability to work in a changing environment while maintaining quality and productivity.
- Must be able to function as a member of a team.
- Able to maintain a professional manner during difficult escalation situations
- Must be able to work varied work hours
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Free Postmates Plus Unlimited
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit https://postmates.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior IT Systems Engineer
Squarespace, New York
Sr. Developer Support Engineer, Network Services
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Principal Android Engineer
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Player Delivery
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Data Engineer
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Infrastructure Developer (DevOps) (m/w)