Software Engineer: Backend (Payments)
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Passionate about building massively scalable systems? Want to work with a top class team of engineers ranging from new graduates to seasoned managers and architects? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we?
Postmates is disrupting local commerce by providing a marketplace where consumers can purchase goods from any local restaurant or store and local couriers deliver the goods to their home in minutes. Postmates has unlocked on-demand local shopping — providing consumers the convenience of super fast delivery for the largest selection of goods (anything in the whole city!); the benefit and scale of e-commerce for local merchants; and more flexible work for couriers.
This is a tall order, and Postmates relies heavily on our engineering applications and systems to realize this vision. Even though we are already a billion dollar business with millions of customers in 300+ US cities trusting us with more than 2M orders every month, we have only just started our technical journey to build our technology stack in a way that can keep up with our rapid growth.
What does this team do?
Our payments platform makes it easy for developers within our organization to integrate with external payment processors, providing reliable, PCI compliant payment experiences while being cost effective across a number of downstream processors. In addition to payments processing, payments engineers work closely with our fraud prevention and data science teams to ensure that profit margins are protected from theft and accurately reported.
What will you do?
As an experienced software engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of product development. This includes design & coding of new architecture, services, and features, but also drive improvements to day-to-day operations & observability of existing production services. Helping to select the right technologies and prioritize engineering tasks. Finally, you’ll have lots of opportunities to help us build & grow the team via mentoring, hiring & training.
- Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years experience in building and operating customer-facing, large scale, reliable, web applications or services
- Top notch coding skills in one of Go/Python
- Experience integrating with and operating relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of code, systems, and processes through analysis and metrics.
- Experience with payment, finance or accounting systems
- Technical leadership experience in delivering software systems from scoping requirements to actual launch
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Chief of Staff, Technology
MediaMath, US - New York
Senior Backend Engineer
TALA, Santa Monica
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineer – Presales
Pivotal Software, Washington DC
Engineering Leader - Big Data Orchestration Services
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Full Stack Engineer