Software Engineer: Front-end (Growth)
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Passionate about building massively scalable systems? Want to work with a top class team of engineers ranging from new graduates to seasoned managers and architects? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we?
Postmates runs the largest on-demand delivery platform in the country, we grow 5-10% week on week and fulfill over a million deliveries each month. We aren’t just another ad platform or mobile app for serving static user generated content–we have real customers, real couriers and real merchants using the platform to buy, sell and deliver goods in under an hour.
What does this team do?
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to applying product, engineering, and data to keep Postmates growing as fast as possible. To effectively grow Postmates, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments across iOS, Android, and Web to maximize organic growth of not just our customers, but also our merchants and couriers.
These experiments range from from iterating on our core user experience across all of our apps on all platforms, to creating recommendation and personalization systems. We build models to better predict how our customers behave over the long run in order to grow sustainably and profitably. Finally, we are responsible for the infrastructure that powers our growth, including our experimentation framework and automated marketing systems.
What will you do?
You will build our internal tools such as our A/B testing framework and automated marketing systems. In addition, you will have the opportunity to generate your own novel ideas and build the features from the ground up. Scalability and performance are critical for a company at our scale, and you will be expected to be a thought leader to help continually improve our code’s architecture. Your personal growth is equally as important as company growth - on a daily basis, you will learn from experts in growth, business, marketing, and engineering.
- Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in building impactful and technically complex software systems
- Expertise in building and maintaining large scale web applications
- Thorough knowledge of frontend performance and how your design decisions can impact the entire stack.
- Built tools from scratch that are used by large numbers of people
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software, and processes through analysis and metrics.
- Masters/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Technical leadership experience in building complex software systems from scoping requirements to actual launch
- Motivated self starter that can identify problems, come with solutions and can execute on ideas
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Tasty healthy lunches (provided by Methodology, http://www.gomethodology.com)
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit https://postmates.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer University Grad - 2018
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
LogRhythm, Boulder, CO
Science and Analytics Manager, Customer Service
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer, Trips
Airbnb, San Francisco, California