Software Engineer: Full-stack
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates runs the largest on-demand delivery platform in the country; we grow 5-10% week-over-week, fulfill over a million deliveries each month, and recently surpassed $1 billion dollars in gross merchandise sales. We aren’t just another ad platform or mobile app for serving static user generated content – we have real customers, merchants, and couriers using the platform to buy, sell and deliver goods in under an hour.
Our web front-end is React/Redux with Node middleware. The backend infrastructure is primarily Python/Django with Postgres databases. We also have sites built on the Elixir/Phoenix platform. We like to use the full set of tools and services available to us from AWS to build out new functionality in a service-oriented environment. We value both generalist and specialized engineers looking to expand their capabilities. We want people that want to get their hands dirty understanding our complex three-sided marketplace and improve our core technology.
- Refactor existing software and functionality into discrete services
- Build prototypes to quickly demonstrate new features and product ideas
- Work closely within a product-focused team of engineers, PMs, and designers
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in team on-call rotation; thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (100% company paid).
- MacBook Pro, standing desk, whatever monitor / keyboard / mouse you need.
- Tasty, catered lunches (provided by Methodology).
- Snack-filled kitchen.
- Impact-first work environment (no pandering).
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo).
- Contribute to open source projects (full support to release and contribute to projects).
- Killer office in San Francisco less than one block from Embarcadero BART.
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit https://postmates.com/
Jobs You May Like
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Localization Core Services
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer - Shanghai
Fitbit, China - Shanghai
Full Stack Engineer - Chain Bridge team
Entry-Level Software Developer
IBM, Multiple Cities
Service Desk I
LogRhythm, Boulder, CO