Director of Investor Relations
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an insanely reliable on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of 150,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
Postmates is seeking a Director of Investor Relations to join our Finance team, which steers the growth, strategy and long-term market position for the company. This person will play a key role in preparing Postmates to become a multi-billion dollar public company. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity at a critical moment for one of the fastest-growing consumer internet businesses in the world.
This position will report to the CFO and closely with senior leadership across the finance team, communications team, and marketing teams. This position will be responsible for developing and executing an effective investor communications strategy, performing financial analysis, and maintaining strong relationships with investors, financial institutions and analysts.
- Develop long term relationships with industry analysts and investors to communicate company strategy position the business for long term growth.
- Prepare quarterly earnings script and Q&A topics in partnership with CEO, CFO and executive team.
- Serve as key advisor to CFO on issues involving analyst and investor perception of the long term growth and health of the business.
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson with key industry analysts, to advance corporate brand narratives with financial data & insights.
- Monitor industry developments and market trends,develop executive summaries for senior leadership and the Board of Directors on peer company news, financial and market share performance.
- Maintain strong relationships with investors by coordinating Investor/Analyst Days and other marketing events; identify speaking opportunities for C-Suite to position company favorably at key events.
- Manage information necessary for preparation of strategic financial and investor communications
- Prepare quarterly earnings release materials including press releases, conference call scripts, Q&A and slide presentation; prepare other financial press releases and supplemental materials.
- Liaise with Media Relations and Corporate Communications on materials such as press releases and earnings releases, for dissemination to the public.
- 7-10 years relevant experience in Investor Relations and related roles.
- Excellent writing skills for crafting scripts, financial presentations, investor kits, etc.
- Confident and strong presentation skills in financial environments and the ability to communicate with Wall Street.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities with attention to detail.
- Established relationships with relevant sell side and buy side analysts a plus.
- Experience communicating the growth and metrics of subscription-based models a plus.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Development Executive, Health & Beauty
Amify, Cincinnati, OH
Commercial / Business Development Manager
TechHub, New York, NY
WeChat/Social Engagement Analyst (Asian Market): 12 month contract, no visa sponsorship, remote working ok
Prodigy Finance, Would consider remote
Business Development Rep
Inside Sales Representative
Wish, San Francisco, California
Global Program Manager
Prodigy Finance, New York