Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dive in as wecontinue to rapidly expand into new cities and push the boundaries of on-demand delivery.
The Business Operations & Strategy team is looking for a Forecast Analyst that will enhance our ability to predict how customers respond to our business. As Forecast Analyst, you will work closely with our Growth and Customer Service teams to thoughtfully plan and predict product and user behavior. You will be responsible for preparing daily, weekly and monthly forecasts, conducting ad hoc analyses, and creating dashboards and tools to improve the accuracy of our forecast and overall performance of Customer Service Operations. You will help us unlock insights from an enormous trove of consumer, commerce, and logistics datasets. You will use your full toolkit -- SQL query writing, data analysis, data synthesis -- to report out what’s happening and recommend what to do next. You’ll lead in the development of reports and analyses designed to support a rapidly evolving business with limited comparables or precedents. You will partner with Product & Engineering to surface insights and influence continuous improvements to the forecasting system and process in order to support our growing business.
We’re looking for someone with an insatiable curiosity who is always asking why. Someone who can translate simple questions into complex analysis and translate them back into straightforward language. We love learning, and we expect that you will learn new things and teach us new things as we build out our intelligence capabilities. This person will be proactive and detail-oriented with strong technical skills and excellent written/verbal communication abilities
- 5+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or analytics at a tech company
- Demonstrated experience with forecasting demand for a large company operating across several timezones
- Highly skilled in executing analysis, communicating results, developing metrics that matter and translating data into decision-ready insights
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Economics, Statistics).
- Experience with data tools -- Python, R, SQL -- as well as proficiency with spreadsheets
- SQL is a must -- every analysis starts with “go get some data”
- A strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts shouldn’t be a problem for you.
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with a scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- Postmates customer
- Consumer tech experience
- Strong interest in logistics, pricing, marketplaces or supply-demand economics
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.