Senior Communications Manager
Postmates, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an insanely reliable on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of 100,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
On the Brand, Communications, and Public Policy team we are responsible for driving positive press stories around Postmates’ unique business model and brand positioning. Our team leads the communications strategy on a diverse range of topics including product and market launches, the future of the on-demand sector and its workforce, and next-generation autonomous technologies. We are a small, high-energy team with a passion for people, culture, progressive policymaking and great storytelling. If you’d like to belong to one of the country’s most dynamic and forward thinking teams, come tell us your story.
As a member of this team, you’ll work closely with the brand, communications, and public policy teams to help maintain and advance the company’s position across the media and with relevant community stakeholders. You’ll also work closely with the growth marketing team and other partners across the company to help advance the story telling they do to increase brand awareness.
You must be a PR and media relations pro, who also happens to be a team player that can work in a fast paced environment across many teams. You are an ace writer and are comfortable generating written content across channels (press releases, pitches, internal communications, blog, talking points, policy white papers etc). We are looking for an effective and creative communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas in simple ways.
- Compose, research and edit communications materials including press pitches, press releases, policy talking points and white papers, OpEds, blogs,talking points and speeches/presentations for executives.
- Assist in preparation of company spokespeople for media engagements.
- Support senior press leads in the day to day handling of media inquiries.
- Support policy team leads in the day to day messaging of core company values.
- Build relationships with key media contacts in select markets.
- Build and maintain press lists.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives while ensuring consistency across the company’s brand & voice.
- Spearhead internal communications initiatives that help connect company employees to the brand.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives -- by leveraging, shaping and better articulating the brand across all channels and projects.
- 7+ years experience as a brand communicator; experience at a fast paced public or private entity required.
- On-the-record media experience preferred.
- Strong media relationships preferred, experience in tech, on-demand or other fast-paced business model preferred.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and package topnotch content on rapid deadlines.
- Media and strategic campaign planning experience required.
- Strong pitch and verbal communications skills with the ability to diplomatically advance a position.
- Sound judgment on media and policy issues.
- Eccentricity required — you are not afraid to create new things and think differently. In fact, you kind of live for that.
- Scrap factor: You are great at making tough, fast decisions based on business objectives.
- Passion for Postmates and a sense of humor, preferred. Ok, required.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Development Representative (London)
Marketing Manager - Sales and Success Enablement
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
Director of Product Marketing
Split, Redwood City
Product Manager (Growth)
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, CA
Sales Development Representative
Managed By Q, New York, NY