At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, relieve traffic, and make deliveries both faster and cheaper. Why move a two-pound burrito with a two-ton car?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, operations and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with an eye toward the end-user experience.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
In this role you will be looked upon to provide the operational, on the ground assistance to facilitate the day-to-day business of delivery with a rover. You will be remote piloting rovers using cutting edge technology as well as providing on-the-ground support. We are looking for people that are comfortable being generalists and learning new things. Everything from facility operations, working with merchants, communication with the public about our initiatives when needed.
- Proactive self-starter who seeks out ways to contribute ideas and add value to a team
- Proven communication skills both verbal, in-person and written
- Capable of articulating new concept and ideas to people
- Capable of managing stressful situations with an understanding on how to de-escalate these type of situations
- Comfortable being the public face of our projects and partners projects
- Capable of clearly following direction and established processes
- Capable of problem solving and working in undefined circumstance
- Able to work different shifts including early AM, nights, and weekends
- Capable of lifting objects up to 75 lbs in weight
- Capable of spending multiple hours on your feet and walking several miles per day
- Capable of working quickly with computer software
- Wants to contribute to something bigger than yourself
- Possess a valid US driver's license with at least 3 years of driving experience
- Military, Police or Firefighting background (honorable discharge or retirement only)
- Prior Secret Level Clearance
- Mechanical training or background
- Enjoys playing video games
- $18/hr - $20/hr
- Candidates must have the ability to work Evenings, Nights, Weekends
- 40 hours per week
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Associate Scientist, Cellular Process Development
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Telemundo52 Summer 2020 Spanish-Language Internships Universal City
NBCUniversal, Universal City, CA