Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives, with an insanely reliable on-demand “everything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of +100,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a pop culture verb. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
As a full-time in-house Technical Recruiter at Postmates you will play a critical role in growing our Software Engineering team. Our Software Engineers are world-class and we’re looking for a world-class recruiter to help us double Engineering in size in the next 6 months.
You will be responsible for ensuring that we hire high quality candidates for Engineering . You will build a deep pipeline of potential candidates for various Software Engineering positions including mobile, front-end, backend, and full stack. You will run the recruitment process from start to finish, including working with management to define required skill sets, screening candidates, coordinating interviews and closing offers. You will also manage the Postmates brand from a recruiting standpoint, by telling the story of the Postmates opportunity and culture. This role requires that you be highly proactive in sourcing and recruiting the best -- posting a job description and seeing what happens won’t come close to cutting it.
- 3-7 years recruiting experience in-house or at an agency, preferably including start-up experience. Must have metrics to demonstrate your success.
- Direct sourcing experience with a demonstrated ability to build a pipeline of qualified candidates for a variety of positions at different levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of technical jargon and skill sets, as well as an understanding of how software is built and maintained.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience conducting interviews.
- Experience coaching and providing feedback to interviewers and hiring managers.
- Great selling and closing skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledgeable with Application Tracking Systems, Greenhouse.io a strong plus.
- A passion for technology, startups, and Postmates.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Whatever computer, monitor, standing desk, keyboard mouse you need
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.