Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Each robot acquires hundreds of gigabytes of sensor data every day. You will be in charge of the infrastructure that continuously puts that data into persistent storage, and then allows engineers to index, search and download it. You will build pipelines for training neural networks, managing machine learning models, tracking their performance and comparing them to each other. Finally, you will empower the robots to collect various system metrics that reflect their progress and help present those metrics in meaningful ways.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience building data processing pipelines or ML pipelines
- Experience with technologies like Protocol Buffers, Avro, or similar
- Experience operating and working with big-scale data storages like BigQuery, BigTable, Cassandra, HBase, Redshift, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Fluency in Python
- Strong urge to automate things you have to do more than five times
- Self-motivation and the ability to turn high-level goals into shipped code
- Experience with processing frameworks like Apache Beam or Spark
- Experience managing cloud systems in Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Experience with IoT protocols like MQTT
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- 3 paid volunteer days to give back to the community
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist/Consultant - Risk Analytics
Accenture, NY - New York, USA
IT Solution Architect Gemini
Inter IKEA Group, King of Prussia PA, US
Senior Analytics Consultant - Risk Adjustment
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv