Software Engineer, Robotics - Controls
Postmates, San Francisco or Vancouver
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will design and develop production level, safety-critical control and estimation code for autonomous vehicles with unique electro-mechanical drive-trains. You will be responsible for the development, integration and testing of software and libraries of various systems related to accurate maneuvering of a wheeled vehicle in complex environments.
- Design and develop new control algorithms for autonomous vehicles
- Design kinematic and dynamic models for unique electro-mechanical design vehicles
- Design fault-tolerant algorithm strategies for safety critical vehicle maneuvers
- Tune controls to verify the function of the new algorithms, to track performance changes as firmware and hardware updates are introduced, and to perform regression tests to ensure no unintentional changes occur in the development process
- Assist with system integration and hardware in the loop validation
- Minimum 3 years industry experience with controls system development, modeling, and implementation
- Highly skilled in classical feedback control theory, analysis and design techniques
- Solid C++/Python foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- A track record of solving hard problems
- Familiar with digital control and signal processing
- Familiar with electrical and mechanical principles of sensors and actuators
- MS or PhD degree in CS/CE/EE/ME/Robotics or equivalent experience
- Experience developing real-time autonomous robotics applications with or without deterministic control loops
- Experience with nonlinear control strategies including model predictive control
- Experience developing controllers for systems with uncertainty and bounded disturbances
- Experience developing software for safety critical applications
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in SOMA just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Data Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Indigo, Boston, MA
Senior/Staff Data Scientist
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Data Science Intern (Fall 2019)
Taboola, Los Angeles
Manager, Marketing Analytics
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior Hardware/Software Systems Engineer
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA