At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will work with an amazing team of engineers and researchers to design, develop and deploy autonomous urban robots. As a Systems Engineer, you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware and software and have a hand in nearly every component of a sophisticated autonomous system. You will help drive the top to bottom specification and design of the system, and guiding the team’s technical decisions with analysis and experimental data.
- Develop functional, feature, system and subsystem requirements for a complex electro-mechanical system.
- Conduct end to end analysis including data gathering, requirements specifications, and research by translating data into actionable recommendations.
- Help drive architectural decisions amongst functional teams.
- Develop and implement test and validation plans for cross-functional teams.
- Evaluate internal and external engineering design change requests.
- Actively manage issues and risk throughout the project.
- Support various project phases through requirements, design, development, quality assurance, and production releases.
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant external vendors.
- Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analysis, data science, statistical analysis, or other related disciplines.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems.
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity.
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills.
- Familiar with electrical and mechanical principles of sensors and actuators.
- Experience with automotive vehicles or ADAS development
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software systems
- Ability to understand C++ and Python
- Experience with machine learning applications
- Experience working on safety-critical applications
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide the equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Seer Interactive, San Diego, CA
Zuora, New York City
DSI Instructor Lead
General Assembly, Singapore
Senior Manager, Business Analytics
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Legal Counsel, Transactions
Sonatype, London, UK
Principal Software Engineer, Machine Learning
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas