Software Engineer: Backend (Merchant Team)
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates runs the largest on-demand delivery platform in the country; we grow 5-10% week-over-week, fulfill over a million deliveries each month, and recently surpassed $1 billion dollars in gross merchandise sales. We aren’t just another ad platform or mobile app for serving static user generated content – we have real customers, merchants, and couriers using the platform to buy, sell and deliver goods in under an hour.
As a backend software engineer on the merchant team, you’ll be at the center of our marketplace, scaling live ordering channels and improving the efficiency with which we can bring new businesses on to the platform. A key competitive advantage is buyers can find almost anything they want on Postmates, because we make it easy for businesses of all sizes to work with us - whether using the web, our custom Android-based tablet, APIs, or even the phone. We need engineers who aren’t afraid to attack deep technical challenges as well as have a meaningful role in product development.
Our backend infrastructure is primarily Python/Django and Elixir with Postgres databases. We like to use the full set of tools and services available to us from AWS to build out new functionality in a service-oriented environment. We value both generalist and specialized engineers looking to expand their capabilities. You will be developing new services and deploying them within an immutable infrastructure. We want people that want to get their hands dirty understanding our complex three-sided marketplace and improve our core technology.
- Write robust application code that powers both the merchant team’s front-office (APIs for web / mobile / POS) and back-office solutions.
- Refactor existing software and functionality into discrete services
- Build prototypes to quickly demonstrate new features and product ideas
- Work closely within a product-focused team of engineers, PMs, and designers
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in team on-call rotation
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Production Engineer - Data Center (Facilities)
GitHub, Remote - US
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Behalf, Israel - Ra'anana
Senior Software Engineer
AppZen, San Jose, California
Experienced Frontend Developer (Pay Team)
Tradeshift, Copenhagen, Denmark
Senior Backend Engineer
TALA, Santa Monica
Software Development Engineer (Measurement)
TUNE, Seattle, WA