Software Engineer, Web
Postmates, San Francisco, CA
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, and a cool user-focused product vision.
Web Engineers will work on 3 apps here at Postmates: the Buyer, Fleet, and Merchant apps. We are part of a cross-functional team, working in a fast paced environment with high impact, and are responsible for the end-to-end experiences across Android, iOS, and Web. We value and foster a collaborative environment where product, design, and engineering work together every day to build and design new features for our customers.
- Client: ES6, React, Redux, Emotion
- Server: Go, Python, Node
- Platform: AWS, Google
- Build and launch consumer-facing features to millions of customers
- Tune and polish features to a high-degree of excellence
- Work closely with the design and product team to iterate on UI/UX
- Relentlessly optimize the web experience of buying with Postmates
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with web technologies and a passion for UX
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a modern web framework like React or Angular
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of the web (REST, JS, HTML, CSS)
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) required
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- You’re a self-starter and strong finisher
- You’ve worked at or started a small company where you had to wear many hats
- You write well and communicate clearly
- You prefer problems over tasks
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange