Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an insanely reliable on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
In this role, you’ll lead the communications team and develop relationships between Postmates and the financial/business media while advancing the company’s market position.. Working across brand, finance and communications, you’ll develop a PR strategy to showcase business growth and demonstrate our overall success across the on-demand economy.
You must be a PR and financial/business media relations pro, who also happens to be a team player that can work in a fast-paced environment across many teams. You are an ace writer who has a deep history in financial and business communications and media relations.
- Lead media relations efforts for the financial and business media outlets.
- Work with the broader communications team to develop leading communications strategy.
- Compose, research and edit communications materials including press pitches, press releases, blogs, talking points and speeches/presentations for executives which speak to the state of the company.
- Lead development of company spokespeople for media engagements specifically focused on the health of the business; state of the industry; and the economics behind specific product verticals.
- Grow relationships with key national and international financial and business media outlets
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives -- by leveraging, shaping and better articulating our value prop across all channels and projects.
- 10+ years experience in financial and corporate public relations and rapid response media campaigns on behalf of rapidly scaling technology enterprises; agency experience preferred.
- On-the-record experience with financial and business media outlets required; efforts managing communications campaigns around corporate acquisitions, fundraising cycles, or other financial events preferred.
- Strong media relationships with global financial media outlets, including Wall Street reporters, are a must. Relationships with financial analysts or investor relations leads are preferred.
- You also have a demonstrated track record of building narratives around the unit economics and growth of the company
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and package top-notch content on rapid deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial and proactive thinker who is able to hit the ground running and manage up
- Strong pitch and verbal communications skills with the ability to diplomatically advance a position.
- Eccentricity required — you are not afraid to create new things and think differently. In fact, you kind of live for that.
- Scrap factor: You are great at making tough, fast decisions based on business objectives.
- Passion for Postmates and a sense of humor, preferred. Ok, required.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Whatever computer, monitor, standing desk, keyboard mouse you need
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Contribute to open source projects (full support to release and contribute to projects)
- Downtown office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Consumer Team
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Senior, Financial Planning and Analysis Business Partner (12 month contract)
Director of Payments
letgo, New York
Imperfect Produce, San Francisco
Talent Analytics Consultant
Lever, San Francisco
Confluent Cloud Engineer