Senior Electrical Engineer
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
Who are we?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will be developing high speed digital and mixed signal schematics and PCBs. The role will include working within a multidisciplinary team of engineers in accordance with industry standards and the product’s practices requirements.
- Contribute to the team design process, participate in brainstorming and design reviews at an expert level
- Work across different teams to analyze design requirements, create block diagrams, capture schematics, and do BoM creation
- Design PCBs and manage the fabrication and assembly processes
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years industry experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience with fab and assembly package generation (Gerbers, ODB++)
- Experience with ECAD library maintenance including symbol, footprint generation, and database administration
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design including practical component selection
- Experience designing and routing switching mode power supplies
- Mastering of signal integrity and power integrity topics
- Experience with PCB partitioning and stackup design and optimization
- Understanding of PCB fabrication techniques and associated PCB materials and processes, including HDI PCBs
- Experience bringing up and root causing circuit boards
- EE lab skills and using rework equipment
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.