Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Postmates, Vancouver, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
In this role, you will learn about various modules and components in an autonomous robot. You will develop a deep understanding of how each module works and how different modules communicate with one another. You will build relationships with different partners and vendors and use the available tools and frameworks that support the requirements of various functional teams. With a strong background in software development, algorithm design, system architecture and sensor integration and a forward-thinking mindset, you will research and create the next generation of self-driving technology.
- Developing, maintaining and utilizing different tools and frameworks designed for autonomous driving
- Identifying external opportunities, building and managing relationships with existing and emerging external partners
- Developing a deep understanding of autonomous driving technology
- Taking ownership of problems, rapid prototyping new solutions and collaborating with other teams to evaluate and integrate those solutions into our autonomous driving stack
- Research cutting-edge products and solutions related to autonomous driving and help shape the long-term product roadmap
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Proficiency and 5+ years of experience in C++ and Python
- Experience developing and deploying Machine Learning & Deep Learning algorithms for computer vision
- Experience working with tools and software such as TensorFlow, Scikit Learn, Keras, Caffe and Pytorch
- Proficiency working with and deploying models in cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Having flexibility and taking initiative and ownership of a variety of software and product-related tasks
- Open-minded, highly-skilled, tech-savvy generalist
- Experience working with multi-faceted and cross-functional teams
- Experience with sandboxing or rapid prototyping solutions for small- or large-scale problems
- Experience in robotics, real-time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
- Background in full-stack software development
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.