Full-stack Software Engineer - Generalist
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
In this role, you will learn about various modules and components of an autonomous robot. You will develop a deep understanding of how each module works and how different modules communicate with one another. You will identify and explore new products and systems that can potentially improve the functionality of our autonomous robot. Furthermore, you will take ownership of the integration efforts to evaluate and integrate such technologies into our platform. In doing so, you will build relationships with different partners and vendors and use available software tools that support the requirements of various functional teams.
- Developing, maintaining and utilizing different tools and frameworks designed for autonomous driving
- Identifying external opportunities, building and managing relationships with existing and emerging external partners
- Developing a deep understanding of autonomous driving technology
- Taking ownership of problems, rapid prototyping new solutions and collaborating with other teams to evaluate and integrate those solutions into our autonomous driving stack
- Research cutting-edge products and solutions related to autonomous driving and help shape the long-term product roadmap
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Proficiency and 5+ years of experience in C++, Python, React and Git
- Having flexibility and taking initiative and ownership of a variety of software and product-related tasks
- Open-minded, highly-skilled, tech-savvy generalist
- Experience working with multi-faceted and cross-functional teams
- Experience in full-stack software development
- Experience working as a software engineer generalist or a solution architect, especially for embedded system development
- Experience using and deploying machine learning and deep learning software
- Experience in robotics, real-time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cerebri AI, Washington, D.C.
Data Scientist - Algorithms
Udemy, San Francisco, California, USA
Partner Manager, RevPro
Zuora, San Jose
Logistics Procurement Manager
Wish, San Francisco, California
Senior Business Analyst, Experience Strategy & Operations
Pluralsight, South Jordan UT, US