At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
Who are we?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This is a developer position within the design team, You will be an early member of a team building interfaces for human-robot interaction.
Much of the software we use for robot operation and monitoring utilizes a web stack, and we need help expanding our capabilities. You will be working alongside the design team to develop web applications that monitor and control a robot fleet.
You’ll work with a small team on the following tasks:
- Build web apps that enable a single user to monitor and operate multiple robots
- Develop control input methods using off-the-shelf game controllers and steering wheels
- Develop indicators and interfaces that give the pilot situational awareness
- Work with live video streams giving pilots 360 degree visibility from the perspective of the rover
- Develop code that controls animation for eyes, led strips and internal lights
- Develop tools for animators to create robot expressions that communicate with customers, merchants and people on the sidewalk
- 3+ years of experience as a Frontend or Full-stack Software Engineer
- Strong experience using Flask, React, Redux, or similar web frameworks to build full-stack web applications
- Experience developing visual web applications using WebGL
- Experience working closely with designers on a product
- Self-motivation and the ability to turn high-level goals into shipped code.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) required
- Experience managing cloud systems in Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Experience developing for Arduino or other microcontroller devices
- Experience developing with WebRTC
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- 3 paid volunteer days to give back to the community
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Post-Production Coordinator, Topic (Temp)
First Look Media, New York, NY