Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives, with an insanely reliable on-demand “everything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of +100,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a pop culture verb. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or to be eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
Postmates is excited to expand our Commercial Team, and is seeking a business-minded Commercial Counsel. As our business continues to grow, you will work intimately with teams across the company. You will also work closely with the business development, brand, and marketing teams, helping to negotiate agreements and manage partner relationships.
You’ll draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, own projects, and make an immediate impact. As part of the Legal Team, you’ll be a trusted business partner in the company, and will continue to strengthen our commitment to creative, collaborative, and solutions-oriented approaches.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, including local/national restaurant agreements, advertising partners, licensing agreements, brand agreements, and marketing agreements.
- Advise cross-functional stakeholders on all legal matters.
- Work closely with members of the business teams and Legal Team to develop and improve forms, processes, and procedures.
- Assist with other legal matters across multiple topic areas.
- 5-7 years preferred legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- JD from top law school, admitted to CA or NY State Bar preferred.
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including sales, marketing, partnership, licensing and other technology-related agreements.
- Enthusiasm to balance business strategy with legal risk.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey legal advice to internal business stakeholders.
- A collaborative, fast-paced style with the ability to work autonomously.
- Upbeat attitude.
And Even Better...
- Prior in-house experience.
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy.
- Experience in the restaurant industry.
- Experience with privacy and security compliance.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Amazing health insurance coverage and benefits
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.