Business Operations Manager - Competitive Intelligence
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is building the future of local commerce by using technology to connect local stores and restaurants with customers looking to save time. Working to solve some of the biggest urban logistics problems, we focus on closing the loop between merchants and the customers they’d otherwise be unable to reach.
As a member of the Business Operations team, you'll play a central role in the expansion of the Postmates platform. You'll help design and build the competitive intelligence framework and processes that will inform key business decisions and will be leveraged by teams across the organization. Your goal is to use data to articulate market dynamics, identify growth opportunities and develop & implement strategies that will drive major improvements in the business.
In this role, your work will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have end-to-end ownership of the key initiatives that shape the future of Postmates. You must be comfortable with execution and accountability.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years relevant experience in tech, consulting, finance, or operations management.
- Demonstrated experience in solving new problems with new solutions while working cross-functionally to lead teams towards a shared goal.
- Experience in leading process and performance improvements by leveraging data and insights.
- Data-driven decision making with a strong bias towards action and rapid experimentation.
- Excellent communication skills in all formats - spreadsheet, presentation, memo, or verbal
- Entrepreneurial DNA; ability and desire to launch and run initiatives end-to-end with full ownership.
- Expert quantitative analysis; expertise in SQL and other analytical tools.
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Math, Economics) is required.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
- 3 paid volunteer days to give back to the community
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Peloton, Chicago Warehouse
Optician, Greenwich Ave.
Warby Parker, Greenwich, CT
Implementation Success Manager
AppZen, San Jose, California
International Events and Travel Senior Associate
Obama Foundation, Washington, DC
Operations Manager (Reston, VA)
Optimus Ride, Reston, VA
Provisioning Engineer / Level 2 (m/w/d) im Bereich IT Technik
LeaseWeb, Leaseweb Germany