Engineering Manager, Seller
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is disrupting local commerce by making everything in your city available to be delivered in minutes. This has unlocked on-demand local shopping — providing consumers the convenience of super fast delivery for the largest selection of goods (anything in the whole city!); the benefit and scale of e-commerce for local merchants; and more flexible work for couriers.
This is a tall order, and Postmates relies heavily on our engineering applications and systems to realize this vision. Even though we are already a billion dollar business with millions of customers in 3000+ US cities trusting us with more than 2M orders every month, we have only just started our technical journey to build our technology stack in a way that can keep up with our rapid growth.
What we do
The Seller team is responsible for everything merchants -- from managing location data like store hours, to automatically syncing catalog updates to their point-of-sale. This suite of products and technologies allows us to continually grow our base and increase overall platform efficiency.
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading one or more teams of engineers on all aspects of product development. You will partner with technical leads, product management, data analytics, business operations and other engineering leaders to build and deliver the roadmap of your teams. You will participate in technical design and planning while providing guidance for engineers to ensure they execute well everyday. Finally, as we’re scaling explosively, you’ll have lots of opportunities to build & grow the teams via hiring & mentoring.
To accomplish this, you are expected to have an established background in building high-performing teams developing highly scalable systems and delivering cross-functional initiatives. You should be somebody who enjoys recruiting & coaching, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering results.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in building impactful and technically complex software systems
- 5+ years of progressive experience in managing and building engineering teams
- Proven expertise in building large-scale web applications and distributed systems
- Accomplished technical leader with strong track record of delivering results at high speed and quality
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in delivery, logistics, or transportation products
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tasty, healthy lunches and snacks (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media, Los Angeles, CA
Clinical Laboratory QA Associate
Helix, San Diego
Peloton, Philadelphia Warehouse
Accounts Payable Manager
Yelp, Phoenix, AZ
Senior Technical Program Manager
SmartThings, Minneapolis, MN
Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure