Platform Analyst, Revenue
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dig in. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user-generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service.
As a Platform Analyst at Postmates, you will assist with the monthly financial reporting of Postmates’ Delivery/Marketplace Operations. You’ll be responsible for both balance sheet and profit and loss accounts by deriving data from production databases.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and strong initiative to identify opportunities for improvement as well as design and implement those improvements. You understand the big-picture financial concepts while also being able to use your skills with data tools to dig into the details.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead automation of reporting coming from the Postmates Platform and feed to the Company’s ERP ledgers
- Scale and execute a settlement reconciliation process with millions of transactions involving several parties
- Continuously adapt and align the data reporting capture and settlement reconciliation with the introduction of new products, markets, vendors and policies
- Detecting and resolving data issues and reconciliation gaps
- Monitor working capital with respect to merchant receivables, processor receivables, merchant payables and courier payables according to metrics
- Influence policies and processes that would drive scalable operations, compliance with US GAAP and strong internal control environment
- Be Accounting’s representative in process improvement projects with Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and FP&A
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2-5 years of experience working with financial data
- A degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field
- Highly adept and experienced at building data and process logic that would build automation of reporting and reconciliations
- Experience with data tools -- Python, R, SQL -- as well as proficiency with spreadsheets
- Good understanding of relational databases, data warehouses and ERPs
- Experienced in driving month-end accounting closes for high transaction volume environments (e.g. online/mobile marketplaces, financial institutions or payment processors) and in facilitating audits
- Understanding of financial accounting systems and core accounting processes
- CPA or experience in a platform company is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.