Manager, Accounting Analytics
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dig in. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user-generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service.
As the Accounting Analytics Manager at Postmates, you will help manage the monthly financial reporting of Postmates’ Delivery/Marketplace Operations. You’ll be responsible for both balance sheet and profit and loss accounts by deriving financial data from production databases with the help of Accounting Analysts on the team.
The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with a high volume of transactions between multiple parties, an analytical mind, and strong initiative to identify opportunities for improvement. You have a strong understanding of accounting concepts, and can lead analysts in transforming massive amounts of data into accurate financial reports.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead automation of reporting coming from the Postmates Platform and feed to the Company’s ERP ledgers
- Develop strong procedures and review processes for all financial data
- Influence policies and processes that would drive scalable operations, compliance with US GAAP and strong internal control environment
- Review and approve routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments
- Scale and execute a settlement reconciliation process with millions of transactions involving several parties
- Continuously adapt and align the data reporting capture and settlement reconciliation with the introduction of new products, markets, vendors and policies
- Detecting and resolving data issues and reconciliation gaps
- Monitor working capital with respect to merchant receivables, processor receivables, merchant payables and courier payables according to metrics
- Be Accounting’s representative in process improvement projects with Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and FP&A
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4-8 years of experience in accounting
- Experience leading a team of accountants or data analysts
- A degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field
- Experience with data tools -- Python, R, SQL -- as well as proficiency with spreadsheets
- Understanding of relational databases, data warehouses and ERPs (ideally NetSuite)
- CPA or experience in a platform company is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.