Director, Internal Communications
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Brand and Communications team is responsible for managing and growing the Postmates brand by telling the Postmates story at scale in engaging and innovative ways. We are a high-energy team with a passion for people, culture, brand, progressive policy making and great storytelling. If you’d like to belong to one of the country’s most dynamic and forward thinking teams, come tell us your story.
As a member of this team, you’ll work closely with company leadership to develop an internal communications program that engages fellow employees and keeps them up to date on everything Postmates. You must be a communications pro, who also happens to be a team player that can work in a fast-paced environment across many teams. You are an excellent writer, creative thinker and have worked closely with executives to develop an internal communications strategy.
- Create an engaging internal communications program that helps us hit our company goals while further growing the company culture.
- Develop consistent internal communications channels and work closely with company leadership to write content and ensure a constant flow of information
- Build strategy and manage content for company all-hands and other employee engagement events
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to communicate business and product momentum internally and across all offices
- 5+ years internal or executive communications experience preferably at a fast-growing tech company
- Excellent writer and storyteller
- Proven success working with cross functional teams and executive leadership
- Ability to work well under pressure and communicate clearly
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.