Postmates, San Francisco or Vancouver
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
Who are we?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Efficient network streaming and encoding is crucial to enable seamless teleoperation of our autonomous delivery robot, called Serve. As a Network Engineer, you will be directly involved in developing a cutting edge system for remote operation of Serve that is used by our team of teleoperation drivers to supervise and control our fleet.
- Build and improve a teleoperation stack to enable high throughput data communication on robots
- Work on the development of the tele-operations pipeline - telemetry and remote control
- Work cross-functionally with behavior planning engineers, perception engineers, and cloud infrastructure developers
- Review, improve, and optimize our existing tele-operations modules
- Implement efficient extensions to standard based encoders that are informed by our network architecture
- Propose changes to the network stack to maximize the efficient use of encoding techniques
- Evaluate and experiment with new learning based compression and coding approaches
- BS/MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with network bonding technologies
- Extensive knowledge of the TCP/IP stack
- Exposure to encoding and signal processing techniques
- Excellent Python or C++ programming, and software design skills
- Middleware experience with RTPS systems such as DDS
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Experience building and deploying distributed systems
- Knowledge of TypeScript, React, Jest, Cypress is a plus
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Cyber Threat Analyst
Recorded Future, Boston or Washington, DC
Senior Client Manager, Enterprise East, RevPro
First Look Media
First Look Media, New York, NY
Data Analyst - Product, Features, & Growth
Senior Data Scientist (Singapore)
Rapid7, Dublin, Ireland