Director People Business Partner
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
We are looking for a dynamic HRBP to support C-suite organizations in a fast paced and rapidly growing mature start up that is connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real time. The ideal candidate will be a strategic partner who can also enjoy scaling day to day HR processes and procedures. You will be partnering with the leadership team and organization to develop the HR strategy for growing, retaining and engaging the organization. The right candidate is self-motivated, familiarizes themselves with the business priorities and is able to develop HR solutions that align with those business priorities.
- Design and deliver talent management programs which enable a healthy culture and positive employee experience.
- Partner with business leadership to develop programs and plans to build and retain high performing teams and develop strong and effective people leaders.
- Partner with the organization in a way that supports the core business objectives of the company and of the function, with a focus on growth, performance, and scaling the business.
- Derive and use people analytics to anticipate issues or opportunities and bring data-driven solutions that influence business outcomes.
- Drive improvement in key employee performance metrics, including Employee Engagement, Internal Mobility, Regrettable Losses and Manager Capability.
- Drive successful organizational change and help coach leaders and teams to be successful at adopting and adapting to change.
- Partners with other HR functions, including Centers of Excellence, to develop and deliver value-added solutions to management and employees that support technical and commercial organizations.
- Ensures successful rollout of key HR programs to designated client groups, which include performance management, talent review, compensation, workforce planning, on-boarding, communications, engagement surveys and policy interpretation
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, performance improvement)
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Proven ability to support key People initiatives in complex and/or broad, often global, environments.
- Customer impact: passion for successfully serving our employees
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and establish trusted partnerships, effectively and efficiently.
- Solid track record of partnering with client group and People team to actively support and/or manage employee lifecycle processes such as recruiting, on-boarding, talent development, compensation planning, governance & compliance, employee & manager training, performance management, internal mobility, and off-boarding.
- Excellent written, communication and influencing skills, especially with senior leadership and executive teams.
- Ability to coach and counsel managers and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create, tailor and discuss presentations & internal studies/ data, requiring above average knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, GSuite applications, and other relevant office / HRIT tools or systems.
- Results orientation with the ability to translate people goals into measurable team objectives and key results
Experience & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of HR or equivalent business experience, with at least 5 years of experience leading high-performing HRBP teams within a high-growth environment at progressive companies.
- HRBP experience in mature startup environment with hyper-growth. Must have strong strategic skills and the ability to move seamlessly from strategic to tactical.
- Passion for understanding how diversity is key to a company’s success and proven success working with diversity partners.
- Day-to-day working experience with Workday, performance management tools and applicant tracking systems (ATS) to support organizational and leadership effectiveness.
- Strong knowledge and design skills in change management, organizational design, systems thinking, strategic communications, team dynamics, and coaching.
- Familiarity with employee engagement and performance management best practices & trends. Related experience a plus
- Proven ability to successfully work with and influence a global, fast-paced companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Accounting (SEC Reporting)
Lyft, San Francisco
Principal DevOps Engineer
Moda Operandi, Chicago / Headquarters NYC
Organizational Development Practitioner
Lyft, San Francisco
Senior Manager, Real Estate
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Technical Program Manager
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Media Trading Specialist
The Trade Desk, Hong Kong