Senior Director People Partner
Postmates, San Francisco
Delivery from all your favorites places on-demand
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Senior Director People Partner will work side-by-side with Postmates’ leaders, serving as a trusted advisor, to drive growth, increase talent efficiency, strengthen people capabilities and enable scale across the business. In this role, you will be responsible for both contributing to the design and development of organization and people program & strategies, as well as the successful execution of various company wide people programs, business specific change initiatives, and employee engagement activities that enable the people strategies.
- Works closely with internal partners, including People Business Partners and People leadership teams, HR Center of Excellence (COEs), and other business partners (i.e. Finance) to understand business/client group drivers, understand company wide philosophies, strategies & approaches, and recommend innovative and impactful solutions specific to your client group and to Postmates as a whole.
- Partners tightly with SVP of People on critical initiatives such as talent assessments, compensation planning & analytics, leadership development & training, organizational design, change management & communication strategies.
- Will own various People Team projects, with accountability for defining objectives & key results, prioritizing against other competing responsibilities, partnering & delegating work to enable success, consistent tracking of deliverables, successful completion of work, and finding ways to always improve through lessons learned.
- Possesses curiosity and passion for understanding the business through on-going analysis of client groups key priorities, goals & obstacles, and continuing talent needs.
- Works independently and effectively with robust data sets, such as employee engagement, performance and attrition metrics, to analyze and identify trends, issues and opportunities.
- Develop and guide the vision, strategy and daily operations of the HR Business Partner and Employee Relations functions to deliver strategic HR consultation and support to our growing global and diverse workforce. Will partner with SVP, People on design and development of other foundational programs as needed (i.e. performance management, engagement survey etc.).
- Create talent review and succession planning programs to guide the identification and investment in our people.
- Delivers seamless people support to managers and employees by leveraging people programs, processes and systems, educating on policies & best practices, and always acting with authenticity, trust and respect.
- Supports the establishment of culture and drives engagement by analyzing trends and developing specific employee engagement strategies with senior leaders and managers.
- Comfortable in a frequently changing, yet extremely exciting and dynamic environment, that will make a positive impact on the culture and employee experience at Postmates.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Proven ability to support key People initiatives in complex and/or broad, often global, environments.
- Customer impact: passion for successfully serving our employees
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and establish trusted partnerships, effectively and efficiently.
- Solid track record of partnering with client group and People team to actively support and/or manage employee lifecycle processes such as recruiting, on-boarding, talent development, compensation planning, governance & compliance, employee & manager training, performance management, internal mobility, and off-boarding.
- Excellent written, communication and influencing skills, especially with senior leadership and executive teams.
- Ability to coach and counsel managers and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create, tailor and discuss presentations & internal studies/ data, requiring above average knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, GSuite applications, and other relevant office / HRIT tools or systems.
- Results orientation with the ability to translate people goals into measurable team objectives and key results
Experience & Qualifications:
- 15+ years of HR or equivalent business experience, with at least 5 years of experience leading high-performing HRBP teams within a high-growth environment at progressive companies.
- Possess solid functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including Organizational Design, Workforce Planning, Diversity and Inclusion, Employee Experience, Talent and Performance Management, Total Rewards, Employee Relations and Employment Law
- Experience working in a fast pace, high performance culture where the business is constantly evolving
- Passion for understanding how diversity is key to a company’s success and proven success working with diversity partners.
- Exceptional consulting, problem solving skills, and solutioning skills, with a strong ability to understand & leverage data, identify value-add opportunities, and implement and drive process.
- Customer-first attitude, inclusive of strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared successes.
- Results-driven, user-centric innovative, and comfortable in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in at least 1 or more functional areas of HR (e.g. compensation, talent development, M&A, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently
- Stellar project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
- Bachelor's degree
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
VP Strategic Development (Interim) - 6-12 months
Honeypot GmbH, Berlin
Project Engineer / Program Manager
Systima Technologies, Kirkland WA, US
Forward, San Francisco
Senior Camera Image Quality Engineer
Rylo, San Francisco, CA
Flow Kana, Culver City, CA
Technical Program Manager
Venmo, San Francisco, CA Newton, MA