Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service. Our business moves products, money, and people in the real world and poses extremely challenging risk problems.
As a Risk Analyst you will:
- Protect our users and marketplace against incredibly sophisticated and competent adversaries
- Mine our enormous data to develop signals, detection methods, and real time rules
- Help develop machine learning models
- Conduct investigations to detect enemies who will do anything to avoid detection
- Evaluate, improve, and create new defenses
We are looking for a passionate analyst with a detective mindset, appetite for learning, and competitive spirit. This isn’t a dashboard job, this is war.
- 2-5 years of applied experience executing data mining and analysis in the risk domain
- Demonstrated experience in translating data into actionable signals and decisions
- Wizard level SQL
- Basic level Python
- Basic understanding of ML classification models
- Strong communication skills involving highly technical as well as theoretical subjects
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with a scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- Experience in protecting accounts that have money in them and/or involve transactions in the real world
- Scientific education (Statistics, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Engineering …)
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under an hour. Available for iPhone, Android and on the web, the on-demand logistics service connects customers with local couriers, who purchase and deliver goods from any restaurant or store in a city, 24/7.
Want to learn more about Postmates? Visit Postmates's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Automation Engineer
Casper, San Francisco
Lead Product Manager, Data Science & Machine Learning
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
SelfMade, New York HQ
Taboola, Tel Aviv
Senior Product Manager, Demand Generation
Udemy, San Francisco, California, USA